Monday, October 6, 2008

The Treats Truck!


Yay, the Treats Truck has arrived downtown! We could definitely use some treats down here. I've sampled some tasty goodies from the Treats Truck in Brooklyn so I'm happy to see it. I went for the oatmeal raisin cookie, my favorite old standby, and was not disappointed. It's small but thick, crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, chock full of raisins, and tastes of rich butter, vanilla and brown sugar. I also took a sample of a pecan butterscotch bar and am in love with it. I'm definitely ordering that next time - it's so gooey and creamy, simultaneously salty and sweet. Wow.

Today was the Treats Truck's first visit to the financial district. She was parked between Pearl and Water on a tiny street called Coenties Slip, but she said she's scouting out different days and locations. She hopes to add the Wall Street area to her regular schedule, depending on business. I hope she does well enough to add us to her route!

No comments: