Monday, October 6, 2008

Adam's Halal - Mobile Fried Chicken (Old Slip and Water)



Mobile Fried Chicken. Isn't that the name of a band?

Halal fried chicken and fries in a patriotic box! Oh no, sadly these fries are cold, mealy and mushy. I saw some fresh ones being dipped in the fryer as I left, so maybe there are some good fries to be had and I just didn't have them. I had two pieces of chicken - the white piece was dry and stringy but the dark piece was pretty moist and tasty. At least there's a good amount of salt and pepper in the coating - the flavor of the skin is not half bad. I would recommend trying mobile fried chicken disco only if you can snag something coming right out of the fryer.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Karin,
As I was going to create this very same blog this morning, I was saddened to see one already existed (good for you, and great name!). Anyway, I was wondering if you'd like any contributions as I've been reviewing the halal carts around liberty plaza. have some posts and pictures ready to go.

cheers,
Carol